5 reasons why now is the time to retire overseas
If you think things are well in the hands of world leaders, the economy has nowhere to go except to go up, and people are putting their divisions aside and looking for a bright, normal future like never before. working together.
– Advertisement –
If you raise your hand, I’m happy for you—though you’re more optimistic than I am.
– Advertisement –
And I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one to feel that things at home today…
Will our political and social divisions be better than us?
– Advertisement –
Will we really be able to control inflation?
Will the stock market ever calm down?
The future seems uncertain to me—economically, politically, socially.
Maybe you feel the same way. And you may be thinking about implementing an escape plan… a way to secure a safe haven for yourself and your family that fits your budget, your interests, your preferences, and your timeline… A cloud of uncertainty for you to find a way out from beneath.
I’m here to tell you, this is your moment. There has never been a better time to secure a happier, healthier, safer, more affordable life abroad.
In fact, we may not see another moment in our lifetime for such action.
Here are five big reasons to take action now:
1. Inflation, While inflation is a concern everywhere, it is a very relative concern from country to country. Consider this… what if your monthly utility in your mountain-view condo in Ecuador increases by 10 percent a year? That means the cost of your gas, electricity, water and internet—everything, everything, for the whole month– Can jump from $85 to $93.50…or an additional $102 per year About the price of two decent bottles of Scotch. You get the picture…Despite inflation, a low cost of living abroad can still generate $100,000 in savings, like $1 million… in the right places.
2. IT, The Internet Has Changed Everything About Being One Migrant, Now, you can easily stay in touch with people back home instantly and have instant access to their online communities of expats and their wealth of advice on just about every safe, welcoming, low-cost expat destination on the planet Huh. (If you work online, you can live anywhere. Earn those strong dollars and spend them in a place where they go a long way. See my next point…)
3. Strong Dollar. How long will it run? No one knows…but right now, the strength of the US dollar makes the world a real estate and lifestyle shopper’s dream. Consider this. In an ancient spa town an hour and 20 minutes from Rome, a newly renovated 3-bed, 2-bath townhome costs €74,000. In 2011 it would have been US$105,820—still a remarkable value. But today, with the dollar equaling the euro for the first time in two decades, this house is worth as much in dollars as it is in euros… a $29,000 drop in 2011 prices. And the same thing happens everywhere in the world right now. Your dollar goes away.
4. Countries Want You, Many countries have changed their visa rules to make living in them – and benefiting from their low cost of living, excellent health care, and remarkable retirement discounts – easier than ever. They are actively pursuing people like you.
5. We can show you how. This October, in three highly focused, interactive days—our experts will show you how and where to take advantage of all of these factors to improve your own life, starting now. We’ll help pinpoint the most suitable communities for you and hand you a blueprint for getting there, whether you’re interested in upgrading your retirement, investing for profit, making a living and traveling better. doing – or all those things.
This article originally ran in International Living.