Overseas Ministry says life sentences in federal court docket ship robust assertion in opposition to ‘violence and xenophobia’
EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) – The Mexican authorities says it should monitor the upcoming state felony trial in opposition to a person convicted in federal court docket of hate crimes associated to killing 23 individuals in El Paso almost 4 years in the past, together with 9 Mexican residents.
The Overseas Ministry additionally recommended Senior U.S. District Decide David C. Guaderrama for imposing 90 consecutive life sentences on Patrick Wooden Crusius. The North Texas resident on Aug. 3, 2019, drove to El Paso with an assault rifle “to kill Mexicans,” in line with investigators.
“This sentence is a transparent condemnation in opposition to hate speech, xenophobia, white supremacy and acts of violence,” the ministry mentioned in a press release. “The Mexican authorities will proceed to make the most of all assets accessible, so these incidents don’t occur once more, and to denounce white supremacist violence.”
The ministry mentioned the Mexican consulate in El Paso will proceed to avail its employees to help survivors of the bloodbath or kinfolk of the Mexican victims. The consulate previously has offered referrals to attorneys in the US and supported petitions for humanitarian U.S. visas for kinfolk of the deceased and the injured.