December 4, 2022

by Glen Johnson

– Advertisement –

– Advertisement –

Trevally Mining Corp said Monday that director Richard Williams has resigned, the latest executive to leave the mining company this month.

Mr Williams’ resignation was effective 23 September, the company said without giving any reason for the departure.

– Advertisement –

The Vancouver-based mining company filed for bankruptcy in August. Earlier this month, it said the company’s shares would be delisted from the Toronto Stock Exchange on October 3.

The company said on 16 September that Chief Executive Officer Rickus Grimbeck, Chief Operating Officer Derek Du Preez and Director Dan Issaro had resigned from the company. Those departures came as a Canadian court approved a process to seek bidders for Trevally’s 90% interest in the Roche Pinah mine in Namibia and 100% interest in the Caribou mine in New Brunswick, Canada.

A day earlier, two mining executives were found guilty of involuntary manslaughter at a Trevally-owned mine in Burkina Faso following the deaths of eight mining workers in April. The deaths occurred at the Perco zinc mine, which is 90% owned by Trevally.

The guilty officers received suspended sentences and fines.

Write to Glenn Johnson at [email protected]

See also  The software used in bitcoin mining is getting its first big makeover in more than a decade — here’s what’s changing